250 Assay St.
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 02/26/2018
Job ID: 1758
Industry: Accounting, Finance
THE ROLE: Accounts Payable Manager
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
Our client utilizes proven technologies to meet the needs of the Petrochemical, Industrial, and Energy sectors by providing industrial services that include coatings and linings, fireproofing, scaffolding, installation, and abatement. Their client list is impressive, they conduct business with over 500 customers annually. Our client has a consistent safety track record while experiencing meaningful growth.
To keep up with their projected growth over the coming years, our client is seeking to bring aboard an Accounts Payable Manager their Accounting Team. This is a hands-on position that manages and verifies that all Accounts Payable transactions are processed in a timely manner and assist with research. The accounts payable function of the organization is very heavy and covers a large amount of branch offices. The individual need to be able to plan, organize, and manage the Accounts Payable operations. This is a supervisory position and also requires working relationships with branch offices.
- Supervise the activities of the accounts payable team
- Review accounts payable documents prepared by subordinates for accuracy, completeness and conformance to policy; authorizes for payment
- Create and implement changes to work assignments, methods, or procedures to meet operational needs, improve accuracy and efficiency of the accounts payable system
- Analyze, resolve and answer complex or difficult problems presented by subordinates, or vendors.
- Maintain good vendor relationships and timely resolutions to vendor issues or concerns
- Assist in bank audits and year– end audits
- Year-end 1099 preparation
- Formulate, recommend and implement changes to department policy or procedure to ensure integrity of the accounts payable system; interprets policy and advise Controller of appropriate changes to policies and procedures
- Recommend modifications to existing system and implements modifications through coordination with all units involved in accounts payable production
- Ensure accurate entry of transactions to accounting system
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations governing payment to vendors including companies or consultants
- Review statistical reports submitted by staff to monitor activities, anticipate problems and ensure accurate recording of transactions submitted to financial systems
- Oversee maintenance of disbursement record retention, which requires initiating and reviewing retention schedules based on knowledge of federal and state regulations; implements changes to procedure and policy as required
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Business Administration are applicable experience
- Management experience
- Six years of progressive responsibility of accounts payable or accounting
- Knowledge of principles, practices, regulations, and procedures as they relate to purchasing and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and methods as they apply to financial statements.
- Knowledge of the application of data processing techniques to accounting systems.
- Skill in preparing accurate and complete financial reports from accounting records.
- Excels in both verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of purchase order processing and the relationship with AP function.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) is a plus
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.