| Direct Hire
Post Date: 04/28/2017
Job ID: 1198
Industry: Architecture, Engineering
Position: Vice President, Structural Engineering
Location: Austin, Texas
Founded in 1990, our client is a full service engineering firm specializing in MEP, Structural, Civil and Transportation Engineering. The firm has grown steadily over the years, increasing staff and adding a second office in San Antonio in 2009. More recently our client has expanded the firm’ s capabilities and service offerings, particularly in our civil and transportation practices. They provide big business services, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Their human and technical resources are second to none and many of their employees have achieved the highest certifications in their respective disciplines. We are on the cutting edge of the latest technologies and at the forefront of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and sustainable design.
Our client is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer with engineering and design experience in the following types of facilities: Commercial, Industrial, Governmental, Institutional, Infrastructure, Health Care, Educational and Recreational Buildings. This position manages staff development, production, quality, and financial performance of their Structural Department. This person reports directly to the CEO and works as a peer to Operations, MEP and Marketing Departments. This position also works directly with the CEO and Marketing to develop, implement and assess the adequacy of business development strategies and growth initiatives.
- Provide leadership in planning, directing and implementing an aggressive marketing/business plan to leverage existing relationships and develop new relationships to obtain additional work.
- Cross selling – introduce additional structural technical services to existing clients and support other technical departments in providing their services to existing clients.
- Help build a strong and effective team based upon the principles of quality, leadership and empowerment.
- Actively coach and mentor staff on the principles of project management excellence by serving as a role model for them with regards to scope & fee development, work plan development & execution, and schedule & QA/QC adherence.
- Responsible for 100% compliance with QA/QC process.
- Utilizing our various software management tools, this position is responsible for assessing and controlling the costs incurred by the department.
- Perform Structural analysis and design of Subterranean Structures, Retaining Walls, Buildings (Commercial, Governmental and Institutional) and Infrastructure Related Projects.
- Facilitate Structural design of engineering plans from preliminary through construction phases.
- Review plans and specifications for compliance with industry codes, standards and guidelines.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control reviews of the structural construction documents.
- Involved with review of RFI’ s, submittals, and construction site visits during the construction phase.
- Take part in training of the EIT engineers and designers.
- Provide high quality, proactive project management services to clientele.
- Responsible for scheduling / monitoring project budgeted hours, on time delivery of deliverables, and developing a professional relationship with clientele.
- Organize and maintain project documentation from start to completion.
- Communicate & coordinate effectively and professionally with project managers, internal staff, and contractors
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor Degree in Structural, Civil, and/or Architectural Engineering with emphasis on Structures
- Registered Professional Engineer in State of Texas or capable of being registered in Texas
- Minimum 10 years of engineering and design services and project management experience in progressively responsible roles in a multi? office private sector firm of similar size in the building construction engineering field.
- Established presence in the Central Texas marketplace with solid client relations
- Dynamic personality and approach to business development
- Broad range of experience in market sectors including Commercial, Civic, Infrastructure Residential, Hospitality, Healthcare and Education
- A track record of successful management of large? scale projects
- Familiar with building and design codes, standards and guidelines
- Maintains knowledge of best practices in technologies, products and services
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Team Player with Positive Attitude
- Polished/Professional Demeanor
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Works well as a team member, providing support and coordination with team
- Excellent communication skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Our client offers a complete benefit package including health & dental insurance, vison, life insurance, short term and long term disability and a 401(k).
As part of the standard hiring process, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
HireBetter is a national consulting firm, specializing in talent management for emerging market companies. We partner with companies to help them attract and acquire top talent, plan for the growth of their business, and retain and optimize the performance of existing key players.
HireBetter knows that filling the right roles with the right people is far from simple. We’ ve spent years developing a unique, partnership-based model for talent identification and assessment. We believe companies should be hiring the best person for them, not the first candidate who looks good on paper. We partner with our clients. We encourage them to utilize their own networks and internal referrals as well as our tried-and-true sourcing models. We start with a strategic consultation, deliver a customized list of candidates, and provide the project management expertise our clients need to efficiently work through the process until they know as well as we do that they are making a great hiring decision.
To learn more about HireBetter, please visit us online at www.HireBetter.com.