Post Date: 07/31/2017
Job ID: 1403
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Temp to Perm Assistant Controller
Location: San Antonio, TX
We are currently searching for a Temp to Perm Assistant Controller to work at our client. The Temp to Perm Assistant Controller will be responsible for overseeing various projects and quickly establishing themselves as an integral team member through building relationships and making impactful decisions for the accounting department. A successful candidate will have a proven track record with understanding processes and implementing new procedures. The Temp to Perm Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing a team of three at a rapidly growing company.
- Oversee and assist with performing the month-end and year-end close process, preparation of financial statements, and completing variance analysis for the company.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Proven experience working with all levels from accounting staff to the executive team.
- Execution of the daily operations in accounting and establishing and maintaining the organization’ s accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives including A/R, financial reporting & analysis, budgets and forecasts, cash management functions and commissions reporting.
- Manage all of accounts receivable as well as collections.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and research any discrepancies.
- Review bank accounts, record cash transactions and prepare bank reconciliations while maintaining bank relationships.
- Prepare quarterly sales tax returns.
- Work with CPA on any tax issues.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Identify financial trends to determine present and future financial performance and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Effectively coordinates and communicates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details, as well as analyze the business from a high-level.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem solving.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with public accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Experience using ERP/Accounting and CRM solutions (NetSuite and Salesforce.com a plus)
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work and interact effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to react quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Experience managing a team.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.