10000 Memorial Dr., Suite 500
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2360
We are currently searching for a Staff Accountant for a growing E&P company in the Houston market. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of the Joint Interest Billing process along with various GL-related responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have worked in a related energy environment and possess a go-getter mentality to tackle new tasks with little direction. The Staff Accountant must be very detail-oriented and confident in their abilities.
- Assist with month-end close and year-end reporting as well as the annual audit.
- Responsible for account reconciliations and journal entries pertaining to the JIB process
- Setup of new entities and vendors
- Issue/mail yearly 1099s
- Help analyze, reconcile, troubleshoot and resolve exceptions and other discrepancies from multiple sources before transactions are posted to the general ledger.
- Communicate with a company team members and customers related to accounting matters.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and how to apply the standards.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting as required.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on accounting experience.
- Experience with Joint Interest Billing (JIB) and related accounting functions.
- Previous experience working in a high-growth energy setting (previous experience in E&P settings highly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of handling multiple accounting responsibilities that are performed under tight deadlines.