| Direct Hire
Post Date: 08/17/2017
Job ID: 1426
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Senior Revenue Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for a Senior Revenue Accountant to work at one of our clients, a growing software company based in Austin. The Senior Revenue Accountant will be an integral part of the finance and operating team with the responsibility of managing the revenue for financial reporting, reconciliation and audit support. A successful Senior Revenue Accountant will have revenue recognition experience and possess a very technical accounting background. This role will be support the sales and billing team while establishing best practices.
- Maintain the Company’ s global revenue recognition policies
- Manage timely close activities surrounding revenue with specific attention on deferred revenue as well as revenue on complex transactions
- Manage the contract review process ensuring proper set-up in system based on revenue recognition standards.
- Ability to research accounting literature for compliance with revenue recognition accounting standards and preparing memos with conclusions.
- Serve as point person with external auditors on all revenue matters.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Responsible for control compliance for order-to-cash cycle.
- Responsible for sales commission accrual.
- Assist the Revenue Accounting Manager with special projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ progressive accounting experience.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue recognition principles and application specifically related to ASC 606
- Strong communication (verbal and written).
- Proactive team player that is a quick learner and likes to improve processes.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, accounting procedures and SOX processes.
- Attentive to detail with the ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed to meet deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel as well as MS Word and PowerPoint.
- NetSuite and/or Salesforce experience a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.