| Direct Hire
Post Date: 10/17/2017
Job ID: 1466
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Senior Accounting Manager
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter is recruiting on behalf of a private equity-backed company in the healthcare industry that provides software solutions to acute and post-acute care hospitals and long-term care facilities.
The role of Senior Accounting Manager is a newly formed position and the successful candidate will be a CPA and possess the skills and experience necessary to support the Controller in the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the organization’ s accounting and financial reporting practices.
- Direct the monthly close process and the preparation and timely issuance of the organization' s monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts, including monthly account balance reconciliation and timely resolution of reconciling items
- Support the Controller in providing timely, accurate, targeted financial information on a monthly basis accompanied by the appropriate level of in depth variance analysis and interpretation necessary to add value to senior staff, department heads and investors in making sound business decisions
- Maintain the organization’ s accounting policies/procedures including performing research on accounting issues and presenting and implementing recommendations that will facilitate operational efficiency and effective compliance
- Preparation of schedules and analysis in response to requests in connection with the annual audit process to ensure timely resolution of issues and a well-organized and efficient process
- Support the Controller in developing, implementing and maintaining an effective and efficient system of internal controls to facilitate a tone of integrity and effective compliance with local/state/federal/industry regulatory matters
- Minimum of five years of accounting and financial reporting experience; public accounting experience is a plus
- Software industry experience, preferably SaaS model; healthcare industry experience is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, independent thinker; proactive approach to identifying issues and driving them to resolution
- Reputation of teamwork and collaboration
- Strong work ethic and proven track record of success in an entrepreneurial environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with Salesforce, Concur and SharePoint is a plus
The company has chosen HireBetter to conduct their search for a Controller. Interested candidates should apply directly through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com.
Qualified applicants will be contacted as quickly as possible.