Type of Position: Sales & Business Development
Job Number: 2795
The Role: Regional Sales Manager
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is a consumer packaged goods company.
Our client is seeking an entrepreneurial leader to join the company as Regional Sales Manager, leading the company’ s efforts to drive revenue and increase market share of the company’ s flagship product - as well as helping define the next innovative product offering to expand the company’ s existing lines. Partnering with the Founders, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for all natural and grocery customers, tasked with working in conjunction with distributors and the broker network to track, implement, and improve sales in the territory, opening new sales channels in support of continuous and sustained revenue growth.
- Open new grocery, natural and specialty accounts as well as manage and grow existing accounts
- Develop relationships with category managers/buyers at key accounts
- Ensure broker reps and distributor reps are stocked with all the necessary tools to effectively communicate the brand values and sell product
- Conduct ride-alongs and work with broker account managers and broker retail team. Attend all category reviews. This role requires 60-70% travel
- Identify and execute new territory opportunities
- Develop reporting methods and accountability standards to track, manage and inspire brokers as well as UNFI, DPI, DSD and KeHE account managers
- Undergraduate degree is preferred
- 4+ years of sales experience calling on key grocery & natural retailers with a demonstrated track record of success
- Familiarity with a P&L and the ability to manage budgets and meet sales targets
- Time spent working at the store level required; willingness to be in stores daily
- Experience working with both distributor-based and direct-ship customers; comfort working with a variety of retailers
- Ability to use syndicated data to build a fact-based selling presentation
- Driven with a high degree of integrity, ethics and values
- Possess excellent communication skills required to interact with multiple audiences
- An entrepreneurial, hands-on leader with the ability to work with minimal resources and systems in place
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.