| Direct Hire
Post Date: 03/10/2017
Job ID: 1229
Industry: Other Area(s)
The Role: Project Director
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter is recruiting on behalf of our client, a Saas provider specializing in strategic sourcing, e-Procurement and business intelligence software packages. Our client is the expert in making procurement easier, quicker, more efficient and less costly. With deep experience in government and business solutions, they have a long track record of success that comes from working in the industries they serve.
The leading technology analyst in the world has ranked our client’ s products as among the best in the world, ranking them ahead of other industry heavyweights. The company is competing and winning business against much larger companies because of their superior products and ability to deliver value.
The Project Director is a doer and a thought leader. He or she is the catalyst behind exceptional delivery to clients. He or she will direct multiple, small to large implementations from inception through completion and will be primarily responsible for managing client expectations and ensuring that delivery exceeds expectations. The Project Director will manage staff activities, represent clients internally, create and manage budgets and schedules, and maintain team morale. In this capacity, they also serve as client-facing leaders, overseeing the day-to-day relationships with our clients, providing thoughtful and pragmatic leadership.
- Manage a portfolio of projects and related clients to include project delivery, staffing and reporting
- Meet with clients and project teams periodically to assess the client relationship and project progress, risks and quality
- Perform administrative and management tasks including:
- Meeting with project managers on assigned projects to manage project budgets/schedules, staff performance, resource forecasts, deliverable signoffs, and other elements affecting the business
- Coordinating the development of project scopes, pricing and budgets with sales and other stakeholders
- First line for working through project invoicing issues
- Participating in monthly financial services forecast review with executive management
- Lead, develop and manage a group of assigned Services personnel based on the goals of a performance-based organization:
- Developing a Services organization that is a learning organization
- Managing employee utilization and realization
- Gaining insight into employee performance strengths and gaps that can be coached/mentored/managed
- Supporting both individual growth and personal accountability
- Work collaboratively with other Project Directors to:
- Ensure collective success on projects by partnering on project problem resolution and staff utilization across teams
- Identify and document training and mentoring needs of team and create/provide training, learning/growth opportunities and mentoring
- Develop and propose solutions for improving the Services practice in all areas including service delivery to clients and management of service revenue objectives.
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of business or technology
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the technology sector – government sector a plus
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Proven leader of colleagues and staff
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of business applications, including standard productivity software, project planning tools, etc.
- PMP certification is a plus
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.