| Direct Hire
Post Date: 08/13/2017
Job ID: 1413
The Role: Operations Manager
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for an Operations Manager for one of our Austin based clients. The Operations Manager will own day to day operations of multiple areas of the company. This is a true hands-on opportunity to work in an online retailer for designer products.
The Operations Manager’ s primary responsibilities include the evaluation and implementation of activities and procedures, including: inventory, quality control, and budgeting. A successful Operations Manager will be able to manage and motivate a team while improving metrics and processes.
- Drive operational processes and procedures and implement efficiencies through process design and leadership for operations and customer service.
- Maintain effective inventory control processes which includes inspecting and maintaining quality and standards of goods and supplies.
- Supervise staff within one or more operations departments.
- Maintain proper employment levels through selecting, interviewing, training and terminating of personnel.
- Implement and monitor metrics within each assigned area of responsibility.
- Monitor productivity and quality of departments.
- Create reports, metrics, and budget plans for the organization, as assigned
- Budget development and oversight.
- Bachelor’ s degree required.
- 5+ years of progressive operations management in functions such as: distribution, returns, inventory management, customer service, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels, to be decisive and communicate effectively with a collaborative management style.
- Ability to work quickly with changing priorities.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with ability to quickly learn systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing people and projects.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and make good judgment calls
- Persuasive/influential regarding details and facts with the ability to delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Proven experience implementing lean processes.