| Direct Hire
Post Date: 07/14/2017
Job ID: 1370
Industry: Building Maintenance, Construction
The Role: Operations Manager
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter is recruiting on behalf of a leading company in the outdoor advertising industry. Our client provides their customers with phenomenal billboard locations, as well as statewide distribution. They support a full-time staff of marketing consultants, construction workers and skilled artists, and has a long stable and profitable history. This is an industry that continues to grow and is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a company that is driven to help clients grow their business and also values integrity, service and team.
We are seeking an Operations Manager that will supervise and manage the operations team, which is responsible for the installation and maintenance of all local billboards. This role will oversee a highly functioning team, ensuring they are scheduled and functioning at full capacity. The Operations Manager will work to hire, train, cross-train, and develop team members and inspect their work product, as well as regularly inspect the plant. The Operations Manager ensures the team runs smoothly and reliably each day by consistently delivering a high-quality product.
- Logistical long-term department planning, including adherence to budgets
- Oversee and deliver new builds, construction, and maintenance
- Adherence to company policies and procedures in regard to late materials, firm postings, and un-approved A.E. requests
- Manage and oversee the work product of all crew members, including preparation for the next day
- Plant maintenance including the oversight of tree trimming, painting, lighting, and time clocks, etc.
- Serve as liaison between the sales and real-estate department
- Set daily and weekly work schedules to ensure ads are timely placed, rotated and removed, ensuring the runs scheduled are efficient, do not waste company resources, and meet established deadlines
- Safety Compliance
- Develop, implement and enforce the company safety policy as well as ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and laws
- Obtain and maintain all safety and other required skill and trade certifications as related to the department
- Perform random safety inspections to confirm compliance with safety policy
- Employee Management
- Inspect/coach/mentor and hold crew members accountable to the expectations of their jobs
- Oversee and enforce adherence to work schedules; ensure team members are working a full day and taking lunches together
- Develop and implement leadership development program for the crew leader, assistant operations manager, and operations manager position
- Ensure the employees are trained on all tools and equipment, and that they are respectful of all equipment and property
- Manage the master electrician and ensuring the crew maintains any and all specialty certifications
- Maintain positive team culture
- Perform departmental reviews, write ups and terminations when necessary
- 5+ years of management experience, including experience hiring, disciplining, and terminating employees, grievance processing and adjustments, performance evaluation and review, and implementing employer policies and procedures
- Logistics, scheduling or warehouse expertise
- Ability to lift, pull, push, position ladders, ropes, pulleys, material, and equipment over 85 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and/or stairs and work on fixed platforms at heights of 100 feet or more
- Aptitude for proprietary software training and Microsoft Excel experience
- Possess valid in-state driver’ s license without major violations suitable for light commercial vehicles
- Willingness to obtain CDL and/or NCCCO certification
- High school diploma or equivalent training and experience
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.