500 W 5th Street
Post Date: 12/29/2017
Job ID: 1605
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Interim Senior Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for a Interim Senior Accountant for a quickly expanding publicly traded Austin based company. The Interim Senior Accountant will report to the Assistant Corporate Controller and will be responsible for general monthly accounting activities within the Corporate consolidation function, as well as assist in projects as needed. The position requires a self-driven and highly motivated professional for a global manufacturing company.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly general ledger entries, while maintaining the appropriate records and schedules
- Main areas of responsibility will be Corporate accounting such as; insurance, leases, accounting and legal services, and debt services
- Consolidate the International close and assist with preparation of monthly financial statements per calendar deadlines
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis for assigned accounts
- Support the financial SEC reporting at quarter and year-end
- Assist with schedule preparation for our external auditors as part of the quarterly reviews and annual audit process
- Assist in various projects, such as control documentation, expense reviews, SOX processes, etc.
- Work closely with other functions of the business to ensure accounting for certain transactions are appropriate
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting (CPA a plus)
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting and/or finance role
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong inter-personal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks at hand
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel required, as well as Microsoft Office
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.