| Direct Hire
Post Date: 09/07/2017
Job ID: 1430
Industry: HR, Education, Training
The Role: Human Resources Manager
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter has been retained by a rapidly growing consumer packaged goods company based in South Austin to lead their search for a Human Resources Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and operations of the company’ s human resources function. The Human Resources Manager will work closely with management and employees building strong relationships across the organization and provide day to day guidance-coaching and counseling managers and employees as needed. The ideal teammate has a passion for people, an entrepreneurial spirit and a history of success and progression in human resources in a high growth environment.
- Manage the PEO vendor relationship and develop and implement a plan to effectively transition key human resources functions in house
- Build trust and rapport with employees
- Assist the culture committee in monitoring the pulse of employees, collect data to identify trends with the goal of achieving a high level of employee engagement
- Collaborate with executive team and department managers to manage and resolve employee relations issues
- Assist managers with the hiring of new talent
- Create and implement a fun and engaging onboarding experience
- Review, guide and approve management recommendations for employment counseling and termination; ensure compliance with terms of employee separation agreements
- Periodic review and update of employee handbook
- Drive operational excellence across all human resources processes
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll processing support services
- Manage employee payroll inquiries and effectively drive issues to resolution
- Manage the benefits broker relationship and research and respond to employee benefits questions
- Liaise with the 401k plan administrator
- Ensure compliance with human resources and payroll related legal and regulatory laws and filings
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent in human resources, business or related field required
- Additional certifications in human resources a plus
- Five plus years of progressive human resources experience, including employees in multiple states
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Effective communicator at all levels across the organization
- Positive, upbeat and energetic attitude that will influence others
- Proven self-starter that displays a high level of initiative
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.