| Direct Hire
Post Date: 03/06/2017
Job ID: 1187
Industry: Executive Level
The Role: General Manager
Location: San Francisco
HireBetter has been retained to lead the search for the next General Manager of a rapidly growing provider of home improvement products and services.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated and driven leader with entrepreneurial skills to serve as General Manager. Reporting to the CEO, you will have full “ P&L” responsibility for the business and will be accountable for managing all aspects of the organization, including sales, marketing, operations and administrative functions. You will provide the hands-on leadership necessary for the organization to meet its business goals and objectives. The ideal teammate has a passion for day-to-day operations, people, leadership, development and growth. You must thrive on working in a team-focused, entrepreneurial, high growth and customer centric environment.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure and organization necessary to achieve the company' s goals and objectives for profitable growth and scale
- Provide leadership in the development of the organization’ s annual budget and operating plan
- Take full ownership/responsibility of the organization’ s P&L and operations
- Monitor operational/financial performance metrics of the business while providing real-time, in-depth analysis to the CEO along with forward looking guidance on risks associated with the organization’ s financial and operational performance
- Provide leadership in embracing and representing the company’ s corporate culture
- Serve as an inspirational and motivational leader to the team and provide leadership in hiring, training, developing, motivating and inspiring existing team members as well as identifying, recruiting and onboarding next-level talent from outside of the organization
- Monitor, maintain, and improve category-leading level customer satisfaction, service and delivery
- Provide leadership in process improvement and effective communication across all facets of the organization to build a solid foundation for future profitable growth with the overall goal of operational excellence, institutional quality and customer trust and satisfaction
- Hold the sales, marketing and operations teams accountable to established benchmarks required to ensure continual improvement in consistency/efficiency and lead the team to a high level of execution
- Develop and implement processes, systems, and best practices necessary to scale the organization and identify, plan, and execute corrective action plans to address operational deficiencies and inefficiencies
- Develop and grow an in-depth knowledge of the market that drives brand awareness through effective channels including social media
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services
- Minimum 15 years of experience in high volume, specialty and direct to the consumer home improvement services with at least five years of leadership experience within a high growth environment
- Proven track record of leadership with a servant-leader mentality and a real talent and desire to empower, inspire, and motivate team members
- Driven, results oriented sales leader with a proven track record of motivating and inspiring an effective sales team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset with a proven track record of effective leadership of all aspects of a high growth organization, including sales, marketing, operations, accounting and human resources
- Proven track record of sound business judgment with the ability to effectively solve problems and drive issues to resolution with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Displays a hands-on leadership style with the willingness and ability to roll up their sleeves and assist the team in executing on the overall goal of operational excellence and customer satisfaction
- Financial acumen and demonstrated responsibility for P&L’ s, balance sheets, and development/tracking of corporate and unit budgets
- Proven ability and willingness to work effectively with and take direction from the executive team and other stakeholders
- A bachelor’ s degree in business administration - equivalent combination of education, training and experience may substitute for education requirements
Compensation and Benefits
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested candidates should apply directly through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.