| Direct Hire
Post Date: 12/11/2017
Job ID: 1567
Industry: Information Technology, Non-executive
The Role: Full Stack Senior Developer
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter has been selected to represent this incredibly popular cinema chain as it expands its technology team. Our client owns theaters across the country but maintains its local roots in Austin, Texas. This company makes sure that every customer has an awesome experience, that employees are well taken care of, and that great movies are celebrated!
The ideal candidate will help across the entire stack, from back-end to front-end. The technical stack utilized includes AngularJS, iOS, and Android front-ends and a Scala middleware layer that talks to a multitude of back-end systems.
- Own the development of a feature from architecture to coding through to testing, documentation, and deployment. Most effort will likely be spent on back-end components, but from time to time the candidate may be asked to assist with the trickiest front-end components as well
- Work with the rest of the development team to plan releases, estimate development tasks, identify risks, and coordinate development activities so that high quality software is released on time
- Be a mentor to other developers on the team; Guide project team members to ensure they understand their deliverables and know the best practices for delivering them; Advise the team members on technical issues as they arise
- Provide hands-on development of solution components; often the most difficult development problems will fall to this person
- A computer science degree
- Minimum of 7 years of previous software development and/or technical leadership experience
- Object-oriented and/or functional design and programming experience in Scala, Java, or C#; Scala experience very highly desired
- Front-end SPA development experience using AngularJS or similar frameworks; Angular 2 experience is highly desired
- Detail-oriented, able to manage a great deal of complexity and ambiguity, and able to design forward-looking solutions that anticipate future needs
- Complete commitment to a world-class user experience and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver it; A passion for excellence and a disdain for missed expectations; A motivated self-starter with an excellent work ethic and high energy level; Track record of being a top performer in previous positions; Self-starter who can execute with minimal direction; Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Permanent legal right to work in the United States; candidates that require visa sponsorship will not be considered
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.