| Direct Hire
Post Date: 02/17/2017
Job ID: 1204
Industry: Information Technology
Position: Domain Manager Security Architect
Location: Austin, Texas
Our client is a global leader in operationalizing cyber-security. Through continuous security validation and global threat discovery and automation, they empower enterprises to reduce the operational burden of cyber-security and address crucial gaps in their cyber-security efforts. Our client offers CAWS, a cyber threat protection platform that provides businesses with visibility into the cyber kill chain and automated insights into active threats. With global visibility into active threats and vulnerabilities, CAWS delivers a unique cyber risk rating that makes cyber-security measurable and helps enterprises focus their resources in the areas that make the most difference. Combined, this information enables businesses to continuously monitor and respond to threats, strengthen their cyber-security posture, and have confidence that they are appropriately securing the enterprise. CISOs, security operations teams, threat researchers, and information security professionals from many of the world' s largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from our client.
We are currently seeking a Domain Manager Security Architect that has a driving passion to improve the security landscape for enterprises. The Domain Manager is tasked to develop and evangelize the vision of the advanced testing domain. This role will provide the “ so what” of the testing activities by anticipating and understanding the value the tests bring to the enterprise customer. They will manage staff supporting multiple test streams within the technology domain who work directly with vendors to generate, analyze, and document performance and security metrics for many different security products. This position works closely with many teams within the company to develop new test concepts, oversee the build out and maintenance of new test environments, support execution and maintenance of existing tests and act as the externally facing point of contact for the Advanced Testing domain. As the expert responsible for overseeing security technology test development from harness concept through to operation and maintenance, this role will support the objective, scientific, fact-based approach to testing enterprise security technologies that the market has grown to respect and depend on.
- Drive innovation and support the Advanced Enterprise Testing line of business, focusing primarily on Endpoint Security Solutions, Breach Prevention and Detection, TLS/SSL and Advanced End Point solutions as examples
- Functional security technology expert for their area of focus (Advanced Testing)
- Work with Product Management, Research and peer Domain Managers to determine the proper vendor technologies and service offerings to build domain capabilities to support
- Audit test development work and is accountable for adherence to standard operating procedures and program schedules by the domain team Provide input and confirm Test Talking Points developed by Product Management
- Coordinate with sales and vendor management organizations, research, product management and marketing, peer Domain Managers as well as the CTO office
- Develop test schedules with the PMO and Test Engineer
- Provide development direction oversight of methodology development – including Cyber Advanced Warning System™ interaction
- Provide oversight of test harness build-out & execution including equipment procurement and test execution when needed
- Accountable for Test Development Workbook/Project Management Outcomes
- Accountable for adherence to Standard operating procedures
- Assist with scorecard build alongside Test Engineers
- Develop the “ so what” of the result set – understand and present the results as meaningful to the enterprise
- Analyze historic test result data and understand applicability to current test
- Drive incremental recognized revenue/test growth from new and existing tests within the domain
- Interact with vendor customers to support the testing process
- Analyze data to determine growth/emerging technology vendors and technologies
- Be the main point of contact for sales when questions arise around domain test capabilities
- Promote and implement best practices and monitor the effectiveness of testing
- Stay abreast of solutions and development in the advanced testing security space
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ s Degree (B.S.) CIS, Engineering or Mathematics a plus
- 10-15 years information security experience
- 5-10 years of experience as a security consultant
- Management experience
- Expertise with one or more of our core Technology Areas: Security Event Management, Content Protection (DLP, Encryption, Access Control), Endpoint Security
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with security technology, whether network, endpoint, or operational forensics
- Expert troubleshooting skills in MS Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Expert TCP/IP networking, networking architectures, and troubleshooting skills, including IPv6
- Knowledge of RFC standards, specifically RFC 2544 and RFC 5180, and how they apply to networked devices
- Packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark/Ethereal
- Good knowledge of network device performance testing
- Good knowledge of network security device design
- Hands-on experience configuring server hardware and deployment of MS Windows and Linux operating systems
- MS Windows and Linux network administration experience
- Awareness of SDLC and quality assurance and how these relate to product testing
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with third-party vendors
- Deep understanding of the endpoint security space (Antivirus & Malware protection, Next Gen Endpoint, Host IPS, Patch and Config Management, Secure Platforms, encryption, etc)
- Experience with one or more endpoint security product manufacturers.
- One or more of the following certifications a plus: CISSP, CISA, CIPP, CEH, and GIAC
- Data-driven and methodical approach to measuring progress
- Experience building business plans and driving ideas from inception to fruition
- 5 or more years of experience supporting, customizing and/or managing large, complex enterprise-level applications
- Software development background
- Good understanding of security software testing
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Java, VBScript, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with network and security performance testing equipment, both hardware and software (e.g., BreakingPoint and other Ixia products, Spirent/Mu Dynamics, Tomahawk, etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance: GLBA, SOX, PCI, HIPAA and Assessment Services a plus
- CISSP or other professional certifications
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Our client hires innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. They have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “ thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our client offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits.
As part of the standard hiring process, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
HireBetter is a national consulting firm, specializing in talent management for emerging market companies. We partner with companies to help them attract and acquire top talent, plan for the growth of their business, and retain and optimize the performance of existing key players.
HireBetter knows that filling the right roles with the right people is far from simple. We’ ve spent years developing a unique, partnership-based model for talent identification and assessment. We believe companies should be hiring the best person for them, not the first candidate who looks good on paper. We partner with our clients. We encourage them to utilize their own networks and internal referrals as well as our tried-and-true sourcing models. We start with a strategic consultation, deliver a customized list of candidates, and provide the project management expertise our clients need to efficiently work through the process until they know as well as we do that they are making a great hiring decision.
To learn more about HireBetter, please visit us online at www.HireBetter.com