The Role: Operations Director
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter is partnering with an award-winning, high growth company with a dedicated and devoted following across 15+ states. Based in Austin, TX and heavily involved in the local music and startup scenes, this mission-driven company believes that great people are worth the extra investment. From awesome benefits to career development workshops and executive coaching, employees are provided all the tools they need to excel.
The Director of Operations will be a key member of the management team, responsible for managing production labor, increasing productivity and reducing costs, gaining clear commitments from the Operations Team, while setting high standards of accountability within the team and coaching them to drive improved results. The Director of Operations provides strategic direction and hands-on leadership of all facets of company operations, including but not limited to Production, Warehousing, Logistics, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, R&D, Operations, Maintenance, Management, and Training. The Director of Operations interacts regularly with both the executive team and individual managers to ensure that the company’ s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
• Build trust and respect with the Operations Team and the Leadership Team through high integrity, proven capability, transparent intent, and providing the desired results
• Continually investigate and introduce Lean and continuous process improvement to allow significant growth of the business
• Develop and direct the management of production operations to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled completely, accurately, and on time
• Develop and manage all Operational Process/Procedures, budgets and KPI’ s
• Drive facility and equipment innovation and automation and other capital improvement plans to drive cost out of business and allow for future growth
• Effectively manage all third-party manufacturing and distribution partners
• Ensure plant and/or co-packers are operating in compliance with all customer, FDA, TTB, local authority, product certification (i.e. Kosher) and other government regulations; Report any non-compliance immediately per established protocol
• Establish and maintain an effective worker safety program
• Manage and contain all operating facility costs
• Optimize inventory levels in all locations through improved planning processes and inventory management systems
• Oversee purchasing function and vendor negotiations to ensure the quality and cost effectiveness of all packaging, ingredients and finished products
• Bachelor' s Degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; MBA preferred
• Minimum 10+ years of progressive experience in the areas of Manufacturing, Value Chain, Purchasing, Inventory and Logistics
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a high level managerial role leading supervisory and manager level staff
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
• Knowledge and understanding of food and beverage quality control and assurance programs and product certification
• Proven experience in examining and optimizing operations and procedures, formulating policy and
developing and implementing new strategies, procedures and KPI’ s
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment with strong conflict resolution and mediation skills
• A team player who understands the importance of relationships and collaboration, both internally and externally; able to build healthy, fun and motivated cultures
• Ability to motivate others and build teams, from the production floor to the board
• Desires to build a company with strong, people-focused values
• Passionate about consumer products and building a mission driven consumer brand and experienced in doing so, ideally with food/beverage brands
• Possess unique ability and desire to think and execute in both a strategic and tactical way (No job is too big and no job is too small)
• Results oriented, but not at the expense of people; people oriented but not at the expense of results
• Self-starting leader who excels and thrives in a high-growth, roll-up-your-sleeve entrepreneurial environment
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.