| Direct Hire
Post Date: 09/21/2017
Job ID: 1444
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Controller
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter is recruiting on behalf of an Austin area based provider of civil construction services.
Reporting to the CFO, the role of Controller is a newly formed position and the successful candidate will possess the skills and experience necessary to support the CFO in the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the organization’ s accounting and finance practices. The successful candidate will have a passion for working in a family oriented business environment and a commitment to working in a hands-on and collaborative manner to assist the organization in meeting future business goals and objectives.
- Maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts, including monthly account balance reconciliation and timely resolution of reconciling items
- Direct the monthly close process and the preparation and timely issuance of the organization' s monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Direct the accounting and reporting for percentage of completion of long term contracts
- Direct the accounting and reporting for fixed assets including asset acquisitions, disposals, and depreciation
- Maintain the organization’ s accounting policies/procedures including performing research on accounting issues and presenting and implementing recommendations that will facilitate operational efficiency and effective compliance
- Develop, implement and monitor the processes and procedures necessary for SOX compliance
- Develop, train and motivate the accounting/finance team, including providing training and direction on accounting and financial reporting matters
- Manage the annual audit process including coordinating with the internal and external auditors to ensure timely resolution of issues and a well-organized and efficient process
- Support the CFO in developing, implementing and maintaining an effective and efficient system of internal controls to facilitate a tone of integrity and effective compliance with local/state/federal/industry regulatory matter
- Support the CFO in the development of the annual operating plan and budgeting and forecasting activities for the organization
- Five to ten years of experience including public accounting and leadership experience in an entrepreneurial environment; construction industry experience is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- CPA preferred; path to certification required
- Experience in percentage of completion accounting for long term contracts preferred
- Strong technical accounting, financial reporting skills and internal controls experience required
- SEC reporting and SOX compliance experience is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen and process information before making recommendations for change
- Experience in implementing policy, process and operational changes across functions
- Reputation of teamwork, collaboration, strong work ethic, integrity, candor and accountability to drive issues to resolution
- Advanced Excel skills required
- ProContractor or American Contractor experience is a plus as well as experience in systems conversion/implementation
The company has chosen HireBetter to conduct their search for a Controller. Interested candidates should apply directly through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com.
Qualified applicants will be contacted as quickly as possible.