| Direct Hire
Post Date: 06/28/2017
Job ID: 1371
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Controller
Location: Dallas, TX
We are currently searching for a Controller for an on-line retailer in the Design District in Dallas. The Controller will be responsible for overseeing the accounting function, including month-end close, department operations and financial reporting. The Controller will also have experience working in a small company environment with the ability to jump in and help, wherever needed, to make the company successful.
A successful Controller will have experience with NetSuite and be comfortable with recording daily transactions as well as strategically working with management to improve and grow the business.
- Perform the day-to-day full cycle accounting activities including: sales, receipts, purchases, inventory and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for month and year-end close including preparation of monthly financial statements and sales tax reporting (CA and TX).
- Create and prepare operational reports based on management’ s needs.
- Maintain strong customer and vendor relationships.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to customers and colleagues as the go to person for all accounting and human resources related questions.
- Develop, document and implement policies and procedures.
- Streamline processes between the operating system and the accounting system.
- NetSuite implementation lead and software subject matter expert.
- Ad-hoc reports and analysis as requested.
- Human resources, payroll and commissions.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience with accounting practices and full cycle accounting a must.
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience with a NetSuite Implementation.
- Proven experience creating and implementing department process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details and analyze the business from a high-level.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Experience in the online retail industry as well as managing inventory.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Previous experience working in a small or start-up company where you had to wear many hats and learn quickly is a plus
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.