| Direct Hire
Post Date: 08/04/2017
Job ID: 1355
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Controller
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter is recruiting on behalf of a private equity-backed company in the healthcare industry that provides software solutions to acute and post-acute care hospitals and long-term care facilities.
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will direct the organization’ s accounting and finance practices, playing a significant role in supporting the Company’ s operations and future growth initiatives. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership in entrepreneurial environments and working in a collaborative manner to effectively influence and implement the changes that are necessary for scaling the business.
- Direct the monthly close process and the preparation and timely issuance of the organization' s monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts, including monthly account balance reconciliation and timely resolution of reconciling items
- Maintain the organization’ s accounting policies/procedures including performing research on accounting issues and presenting and implementing recommendations that will facilitate operational efficiency and effective compliance
- Recruit, develop, train and motivate the accounting/finance team, including providing training and direction on accounting and financial reporting matters
- Manage the annual audit process including coordinating with the auditors to ensure timely resolution of issues and a well-organized and efficient process
- Manage federal and state tax compliance and reporting, including coordinating with outside CPA firm in timely and accurate filings and resolution of any related issues
- Support the CFO in developing, implementing and maintaining an effective and efficient system of internal controls to facilitate a tone of integrity and effective compliance with local/state/federal/industry regulatory matters
- Support the CFO in the development of the annual operating plan and budgeting and forecasting activities for the organization
- Support mergers & acquisition efforts, including due diligence procedures and post-transaction integration
- Eight to ten years of experience including public accounting and leadership experience in an entrepreneurial environment in the software industry, preferably SaaS model; healthcare industry experience is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills
- Experience in establishing/refining SaaS revenue recognition policies, including assessment of commercial contracts to ensure proper alignment of business objectives and revenue recognition
- Experience in accounting for software development costs
- Proven ability to effectively manage outside tax and audit professionals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of leading effectively through the dynamics of change in an entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building, motivating, and managing high-performance accounting and finance teams in small to medium size companies and high growth environments
- Experience in implementing policy, process and operational changes across functions
- Reputation of teamwork, strong work ethic, integrity, candor and accountability to drive issues to resolution
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
The company has chosen HireBetter to conduct their search for a Controller. Interested candidates should apply directly through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com.
Qualified applicants will be contacted as quickly as possible.