| Direct Hire
Post Date: 10/10/2017
Job ID: 1478
Industry: Executive Level, Operations
Title: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Dallas, TX
Our client is a professional investment firm serving global investors. The family of companies offers a range of products and services for institutional investors, family offices, and qualified individual investors. Through affiliates, they offer alternative investment strategies and EB-5 investments. Their focus is on serving international clients. Our client takes pride in the team of accomplished financial and cultural experts. By drawing on their deep experience, they evaluate every opportunity to ensure that it meets each client’ s unique requirements. They dig deeper to find investments that others miss, drawing on a network of top specialists to identify compelling, high-quality opportunities.
As the Chief Operating Officer, you will report directly to the CEO and lead all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to operations and compliance. You will be a business partner and adviser to the CEO and other members of the executive team playing a significant role in developing and implementing processes and technology solutions necessary to achieve the organization’ s business goals and objectives. Above all, you must thrive on working in a team-focused and high growth environment.
- Support the CEO and other members of the executive team in building the infrastructure and organization necessary to achieve the company' s goals and objectives for growth/scale
- Provide leadership in embracing and representing the company’ s corporate culture
- Provide leadership in process improvement and effective communication across all facets of the organization to build a solid foundation for future growth with the overall goal of operational/compliance excellence, institutional quality and client trust and satisfaction
- Assist internal and external IT resources in continuing to develop and implement effective business intelligence tools and technology/security solutions
- Provide leadership for the overall day-to-day operations of all facilities, including maintenance/acquisition of equipment, security and safety
- Provide leadership in the development of the annual operating plan and provide forward looking guidance on risks associated with the company’ s operational performance
- Provide operations leadership in supporting the international sales efforts, including technology
- Oversee the project management of the development of new offices
- Manage vendor relationships and selection process
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services
- Minimum of 15 years of increasing levels of responsibility with a focus on operations
- Operations experience in a regulated financial environment - investment advisory, broker dealer, insurance or related industry strongly preferred
- International sales operations experience
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building, motivating, and managing high-performance teams and by effectively working as a partner with other executives and stakeholders
- Reputation of teamwork, a strong work ethic, integrity, candor, and accountability to drive issues to resolution
- Proven leader and demonstration of superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to leverage technology and develop and implement efficient and effective processes and procedures in high growth and regulatory environment
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, our client offers plans for medical and dental insurance coverage, a company sponsored 401(k) plan, paid parking and an unlimited vacation policy.
Our client has chosen HireBetter to conduct their search for a Chief Operating Officer. Interested candidates should apply directly through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
HireBetter is a national consulting firm, specializing in talent management for emerging market companies. We partner with companies to help them attract and acquire top talent, plan for the growth of their business, and retain and optimize the performance of existing key players.
HireBetter knows that filling the right roles with the right people is far from simple. We’ ve spent years developing a unique, partnership-based model for talent identification and assessment. We believe companies should be hiring the best person for them, not the first candidate who looks good on paper. We partner with our clients. We encourage them to utilize their own networks and internal referrals as well as our tried-and-true sourcing models. We start with a strategic consultation, deliver a customized list of candidates, and provide the project management expertise our clients need to efficiently work through the process until they know as well as we do that they are making a great hiring decision.
To learn more about HireBetter, please visit us online at www.HireBetter.com or www.HireBetterBlog.com.