| Direct Hire
Post Date: 05/10/2017
Job ID: 1294
Industry: Other Area(s)
The Role: Chief Estimator
Location: Dallas, TX
HireBetter is recruiting on behalf of an award-winning roofing company based in Dallas, Texas. This company helps commercial building owners and managers control roofing expenses by designing and installing smart roofing solutions. These solutions include roof design, repair, maintenance, and replacement while constantly reinventing ways to delight clients. This growing company offers a team-based, vibrant culture, whose employees have been providing excellent customer service for over two decades.
The Chief Estimator is responsible for coordinating the Estimating Department’ s efforts by targeting appropriate projects in line with the company’ s sales goals. The Chief Estimator’ s responsibilities include developing estimating processes, budgets and staffing required in executing the Company’ s Sales Plan. The Chief Estimator’ s technology responsibility focuses on the continuous development and update of the company estimating system. This individual will be responsible for the management and development of the people in his department. Obtaining an agreed-upon level of profitable work with adequate backlogs in pursuit of achieving the company’ s strategic growth objectives is also a primary responsibility.
- Build and continue to improve our estimating process and procedures
- Co-create, design, develop, implement and assess estimating procedures, quality control and methods
- Create and manage budgets as they relate to pricing and field production efficiencies
- Determine the appropriate projects to price; maintain bid calendar and price project
- Help sales team develop roofing solutions and price projects for sales team
- Manage all phases of the estimating process (roofing, repairs, restoration, sheet metal, etc.)
- Responsible for hiring and supervising estimators, writing, reviewing contracts and helping design construction plans for the sales team
- Review and approve all estimates
- Study project specifications and blueprints to plan procedures for estimating on basis of starting and completion times, staffing requirements and materials for each phase of construction
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Construction Science and Management or equivalent; MBA preferred
- 8 years of experience estimating commercial roofing projects (new construction, re-roofs, restoration and repairs)
- Proven track record of building high performance teams
- Must have knowledge of scheduling, reading blueprints and be a “ roofing wizard”
- Advance user of technologies for estimating (The EDGE is a plus), job cost and scheduling
- Expert with various roofing manufactures and roofing systems
- Servant leader and loves building people and things
- Confident in client facing atmosphere and site visits
- Strong proactive communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively are critical
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.