| Direct Hire
Post Date: 10/16/2017
Job ID: 1446
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: CFO
Location: Austin, TX
This growing company is a leading provider of residential services and support for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities across the South. The company’ s community-based services promote optimal independence and quality of life for individuals with special needs. Provided services include in-house professional, medical care, and psychological services expertise. Employees focus on providing exceptional care and achieving results within homes, families, and communities.
The CFO will direct and manage the organization’ s day to day accounting and finance practices, provide detailed reports to the board and partners, and play a significant role in supporting the Company’ s operations and future growth initiatives.
- Develop the annual operating plan, budgeting and forecasting activities for the organization
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective and efficient system of internal controls including making provisions for appropriate computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and facilitate a tone of integrity and effective compliance with local/state/federal/industry regulations
- Direct the monthly close process and the preparation and timely issuance of the organization' s monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts, including monthly account balance reconciliation and timely resolution of reconciling items
- Manage federal and state tax compliance and reporting
- Manage the annual audit process including coordinating with the auditors to ensure timely resolution of issues and a well-organized and efficient process
- Provide leadership in developing, training and motivating the accounting/finance team, including providing training and direction on accounting and financial reporting matters
- Communicate deep understanding of reports to Private Equity board
- Bachelor’ s degree required; Master’ s degree preferred
- CPA required
- Experience with Big 4 public accounting
- Current or previous work experience with a private equity firm
- Mergers and acquisitions expertise
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong leadership abilities with demonstrated experience managing and communicating with employees in multiple states
- Experience transferring legacy systems preferred
- Healthcare or health services industry experience
- Proven ability to coordinate with outside tax, audit, insurance and banking professionals
- Strong technical accounting, analysis, and financial reporting skills
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.