| Direct Hire
Post Date: 05/08/2017
Job ID: 1086
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Hospitality Asset Management Associate
Location: Dallas, TX
Our client, a professional investment firm serving global investors, has partnered with HireBetter to hire their next Hospitality Asset Management Associate (the “ Analyst”).
The Analyst will assist in management of a portfolio of debt and equity investments in real estate and C&I loans nationwide primarily in connection with hospitality and limited service hotel assets. The primary role of the Analyst will be to collect asset level data for hotel investments and assist in authoring investment reports. This is an entry-level position in a fast-paced environment and best suited for a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and multi-task effectively.
- Work closely with portfolio manager to ensure timely collection and analysis of property level data, performance reports and KPIs.
- Assist in authoring and distribution of monthly and quarterly surveillance reports, construction progress reports, and fund reports.
- Create and maintain complex property and partnership models; cash flow, hold/sell assessments, risk assessments, etc.
- Assist in managing construction projects; audit pay apps, attend on-site meetings, interface with development partners and deal stakeholders.
- Research real estate markets, industries and competitive assets.
- Complete ad hoc underwriting and reporting projects for acquisition team and investor relations staff.
- Limited domestic travel will be required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in real estate, finance, business management, or engineering.
- Three years of real estate or finance experience, preferably in a private equity or financial services environment, including asset management and/or underwriting support related to hospitality assets.
- Proven financial modeling skills including demonstrable competence in creating property and fund level cash flow models in Excel; an Excel model will be requested.
- Excellent communication skills, including clear and concise written communication skills; a writing sample will be requested.
- PC skills: knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook and the Internet.
- Strong interest in real estate and private equity industry.
- An intellectually curious true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision.
- Fluent in second language, preferred (e.g. – Mandarin, Spanish, Korean)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position located in downtown Dallas, Texas.
- Position will be required to work an average of forty-five hours per week; longer hours may be required at times.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and the position will be bonus- eligible, but any bonuses will be at the discretion of management.
- Position will be eligible for Company-paid health insurance premiums, and subsidized premiums for spouse and dependents.
- Position will be eligible for participation in company-sponsored 401(k) retirement plan.
Successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment agreement with the Company, which shall include provisions related to confidentiality and non-disclosure of certain information, as well as limited noncompetition provisions.
This position involves handling sensitive and confidential information. Prior to the start date and at any time during employment with the Company, the Company may perform a background check. Candidates will be required to grant the Company written permission to conduct such checks as a condition of employment.
Our client has chosen HireBetter to conduct their search for an Asset Management Analyst. Interested candidates should apply directly through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be contacted as quickly as possible.