| Direct Hire
Post Date: 01/11/2018
Job ID: 1641
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for an Accountant to work for one of our clients in Southwest Austin. The Accountant will also be responsible for the operational accounting including accounts payable and accounts receivable as well as assisting with financial reporting and month-end close. A successful candidate will be comfortable quickly establishing themselves as an integral team member through building relationships in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist Assistant Controller in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for managers, executives, and C-Suite executives.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close including preparation of financial statements and analysis.
- Maintain and implement company accounting procedures and processes to improve efficiency and internal controls.
- Record daily transaction including overseeing accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist in preparing the forecast to plan for future needs.
- Assist in providing support for the audit and tax returns.
- Maintain all account reconciliations.
- Assist accounting department with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Three plus years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting or a related discipline is required.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organization and writing skills.
- Ability to change direction quickly.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and requirements.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.